* Original Air Date: January 25, 2022
News pundits are calling 2021 the year when digital assets, like Bitcoin, went mainstream. During this webinar, Buckingham Advisor’s Senior Portfolio Manager and Research Analyst, Brad Gregory, teamed up with Senior Financial Planner, Marla R. Chambers, CPA, CFP® to cover the basics of digital assets, the underlying blockchain technology that makes them work, and the taxation of cryptocurrencies.
Marla currently holds a Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Brad recently earned the Certificate in Blockchain and Digital Assets® presented by the Digital Assets Council of Financial Professionals (DACFP), and joins an exclusive group of financial professionals with the credentials to serve clients who are curious about bitcoin, blockchain, and other digital assets.
- What is blockchain technology and why is it useful?
- The basics of Bitcoin
- What is a stablecoin?
- Overview of other digital assets like Ethereum, Solana, and Dogecoin.
- What is a non-fungible token (NFT) and why are people paying so much for them?
- Should I be adding digital assets to my portfolio?
- How are cryptocurrency transactions reported on tax returns?
- How is the IRS focusing efforts on tax compliance for virtual currency?
- Are cryptocurrencies sold at a loss subject to the wash-sale rules?
Brad T. Gregory
Senior Portfolio Manager & Research Analyst /
Investment Operations Manager
Marla R. Chambers, CPA, CFP®
Senior Financial Planner